[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

coconut milk and filmjolk - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

coconut milk and filmjolk

Discussion of other cultures not listed above
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Erin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

coconut milk and filmjolk

Postby Erin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:59 pm

I have just begun experimenting with filmjolk and coconut milk. I am using frozen fresh coconut milk. Since I do live in Hawaii and it is very warm and humid, my yogurt spends more time in the refrigerator. I was surprised at how well the filmjolk seems to set at the cooler fridge temperature. I do sometimes make my own coconut milk by grating the coconut and squeezing the grated pulp through cheesecloth. I look forward to trying the culture with the fresh non-frozen milk. Also, I will try viili with the coconut milk as well. I was so surprised at how expensive a small jar of store-bought coconut milk yogurt is! I hope to get better at this and can report back periodically.

Return to “Other Culture Fermentations”