[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

after making starter... - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

after making starter...

Viili Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KLJ
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

after making starter...

Postby KLJ » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:52 pm

So the instructions on making Viili kind of end after telling you how to make starter. After I make my starter, do I just add milk and follow the same steps, (leave out on the counter overnight, then refrigerate overnight) before I can eat my Viili? Also, can I add fruit to the process while making the Viili or is it best to add fruit only after the Viili is done?

AlexP

Re: after making starter...

Postby AlexP » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Yes, the starter is the same as the finished viili yogurt, just make sure to leave some so you can make another batch. I would recommend adding fruit after the viili is done, especially if you are making just one batch / jar at a time. The fruit will likely mess up the viili and you won't be able to do a new batch. If you do multiple jars you can try to add fruit or anything else to one of them (just so long as you have one clean viili batch so you can keep a clean starter).

Alex

Return to “Viili”