[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Milk kefir grains converted to water kefir - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Milk kefir grains converted to water kefir

Water Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Glo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Milk kefir grains converted to water kefir

Postby Glo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Hello!

I'm Glo. This is my first post and so glad to have found this forum!

My question today is this: I have 'converted' milk kefir grains to water kefir grains and am making batches every second day. LOVE it, especially when it's fizzy. Now, I keep reading that water kefir grains look like crystals. Mine do not. They are smaller than milk kefr grains from whence they came and are tinted from cultivating with cranberries, prunes, colored fruit, etc. Is this normal for converted grains and will they ever look crystalline?
Thank you! Glo

Robinstar

Re: Milk kefir grains converted to water kefir

Postby Robinstar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:18 am

Hi Glo!

It sounds like you are having fun. Converted milk kefir grains will never really turn crystalline as they are distinct cultures. The environment will change the milk kefir grains and they may not even look like typical milk kefir grains after some time. They they will pick up color from their environment too. But they won't ever look like water kefir grains nor would they act like water kefir grains. But if you love the flavor and its doing well, there's no reason why you need to switch to actual water kefir grains.

Return to “Water Kefir”