[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Grains not fermenting! Please help! - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Grains not fermenting! Please help!

Water Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Meric311
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Grains not fermenting! Please help!

Postby Meric311 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:33 pm

I have been trying to brew water kefir for about 3 weeks to a month now. The end of my first fermentation is very sweet and I've tried bottling it for a second fermentation but it doesn't become fizzy. I've tried letting the grains sit longer, and I've tried changing the water and sugar that I'm using. I've also tried adding Celtic sea salt for some extra minerals and will try dried figs soon. The grains don't seem to be dying on me, or at least I think they look the same as the day I received them. Any ideas? We do live at about 6,000 ft above sea level. Could this change the outcome at all?

Robinstar

Re: Grains not fermenting! Please help!

Postby Robinstar » Wed May 31, 2017 6:05 pm

When you say they look the same as the day you got them, does that mean they haven't grown at all? I don't think its the sea level. It's probably the sugar. Try a mix of white and dark sugar (like rapadura) or white sugar and molasses. And make sure you are NOT using RO water or distilled.

Return to “Water Kefir”