[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Help! I froze water kefir and smashed them to defrost - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Help! I froze water kefir and smashed them to defrost

Water Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carole1212
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help! I froze water kefir and smashed them to defrost

Postby carole1212 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Hallo! Please can anyone help.

I froze my kefir grains for about 7 weeks. I decided to reuse them 4 days ago but being impatient, I smashed the frozen ones with a wooden spoon to defrost quicker. As a result they are quite mushed up. I still went ahead and used them and 36 hours later they smell good and taste good......slight sourness and plenty of fizz. My question is are they still okay to be used as they really are quite smashed. I tried uploading a photo but the file size is too large.

Many thanks for any help

AlexP

Re: Help! I froze water kefir and smashed them to defrost

Postby AlexP » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:09 pm

I think it will be fine. The shape doesn't really matter and they should eventually rebuild back to their former glory after a few batches. I would go off the smell and taste and not worry about the size or shape.

Alex

carole1212

Re: Help! I froze water kefir and smashed them to defrost

Postby carole1212 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Thankyou. :D

Return to “Water Kefir”