[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Looks like my grains might be dissolving - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Looks like my grains might be dissolving

Water Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
John2545
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Looks like my grains might be dissolving

Postby John2545 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi, Guys, I'm Working on my 3rd batch of wkg, they seem to be fermenting, bubbles are there, almost no sugar taste, little tangy, little sour. However, the grains look like they are shrinking and dissolving. When I got them they were almost the size of peas, now it seems they are smaller, and there are particles along with them, is my batch dying?

AlexP

Re: Looks like my grains might be dissolving

Postby AlexP » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:12 am

Are they still multiplying? I would be more concerned if the growth has slowed down or stopped. Many times grains do shrink with different environments. It tends to get smaller with yeastier environments such as more warmth or more minerals. But they should stabilize at some point. If they have stopped growing then there's a problem. In that case, try a rinse and rest in the fridge.

Alex

John2545

Re: Looks like my grains might be dissolving

Postby John2545 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:34 am

ok, I see, it does look like they are multiplying. Today I strained them and it definitely looked like there was more. Just sludgy though. I'll keep you all posted.

Return to “Water Kefir”