[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Strong odd smell and tastes more sour and feels odd - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Strong odd smell and tastes more sour and feels odd

Water Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
svankamamidi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Strong odd smell and tastes more sour and feels odd

Postby svankamamidi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:24 am

Hi,

I am fermenting for 2 to 3 days as my temperatures are less and adding pure baking soda, the smell and taste has turned very odd, but the colour has not changed and I can see bubbles and cloudy liquid and grains are not slimy, I can see floating grains and increasing in number, can I drink this or does Kefir needs rest.

Thanks
Sudhakar

Robinstar

Re: Strong odd smell and tastes more sour and feels odd

Postby Robinstar » Fri May 04, 2018 4:48 am

Hi Sudhakar,

Go by smell and taste. If it smells or tastes odd / wrong to you, then hold off on drinking. Let it rebalance or rest it in the fridge until it smells more pleasant.

Return to “Water Kefir”