[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Straining kefir - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Straining kefir

Milk Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
llbrestensky
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Straining kefir

Postby llbrestensky » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi,
I have kefir grains in my fridge with raw milk. I usually strains the grains and dump the milk that the grains were stored in. Is there something else that I can do with the milk that the grains were stored in (I hate dumping them)? They were in my fridge for about 2 weeks.
Thanks,
Lisa

aryaya

Re: Straining kefir

Postby aryaya » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:48 am

hmm 2 weeks isn't that long. Have you tried tasting it? I guess it might be kinda strong though..but maybe you could make some cheese from it or something. Like the kind you wrap and weigh down and leave for a month or so. Watered down milk is good in the garden and compost too, and so is kefir they say.

Return to “Milk Kefir”