[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Not working? - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Not working?

Milk Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
isak
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Not working?

Postby isak » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 pm

I followed the online instructions -- drained my grains, added the grains to 1 cup of whole milk, covered with a coffee filter and placed it on the counter out of direct sunlight.

It's now been about 40 hours and I do not see any change at all. So what am I doing wrong and where do I go from here?

Thanks.

Robinstar

Re: Not working?

Postby Robinstar » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi there!

If you just received it, try changing the batch every 24 hours even if you don't notice any changes. It should pick up shortly. Or try lowing the amount of milk. Sometimes if it doesn't get off to a proper start, letting it sit longer just doesn't help.

isak

Postby isak » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:23 am

This afternoon, it seemed to catch up. I could smell the yeast and saw the clear broth starting to form in the bottom of the jar. Maybe it was just a matter of being the first batch. I strained the grains and have a second batch working. Onward, eh? :)

neozen

Postby neozen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:43 pm

This works! Its Mk1
Attachments
20151027_233626-min[1].jpg
20151027_233626-min[1].jpg (170.39 KiB) Viewed 4810 times

Return to “Milk Kefir”