[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Choice of strainers/sieve?? - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Choice of strainers/sieve??

Milk Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gypsy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Choice of strainers/sieve??

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:59 am

knowing full well this isnt rocket science, but was wondering what y'all are using for strainers? Ive found the plastic one at the dollar store with some fairly large openings and is deep, works for us, pic below. We've tried the wire/mesh(stainless) type and they seem to work well also but you have to dump your kefir slowly and stir while this one seems to catch all the grains and allows full flow into your catch bowl. Is there any better ones that any of you have found?? post a pic and place of purchase if you can. ignore the name on the strainer, its just a pic i found on the web thats identical.

Happy Kefiring!

Frankie1

Re: Choice of strainers/sieve??

Postby Frankie1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 pm

I use a similar type of large hole colander for my water kefir for easy pouring. For milk kefir I like to use a fine mesh strainer though. I'm scared to lose the little immature small grains with milk kefir. Not so much with my water kefir since they grow so fast.

Nikkakae

Re: Choice of strainers/sieve??

Postby Nikkakae » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:44 am

I'm not comfortable of using plastic strainers. I feel that it will only melt when you put something really hot. I use Very Fine Mesh Strainers by ZENPRO. It's set of 3 and made of stainless steel. It's pretty nice and it works great. And it also has a free measuring spoons.

I purchase it here: http://amzn.to/1S8WeQa

Return to “Milk Kefir”