[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Missing grains!! - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Missing grains!!

Milk Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mila123
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Missing grains!!

Postby Mila123 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:44 am

Hi everyone!
I use the farmhouse pasteurized milk (100% Australian milk).

I do not do MK everyday but on alternate days as I prefer finishing the already fermented ones before fermenting the MK once again. For an instance, I do it on mon wed fri sun.

During the days where i don't ferment the mkg, i would pour the appropriate amt of milk into the glass jar w the grains and store it in the fridge for a day. The ratio I had been following would be 1 teaspoon of mkg to 250ml of farmhouse pasteurized milk. Recently I added 2 teasp of grains to 500 ml of milk and left it under room temperature to ferment. However, when I was straining it after the fermentation process had been over, I realized that i was left with only 1 teaspoon of grains! The strainer I use doesn't consist of very small holes on it too so I don't think the extra grains could have passed through it. I have attached a pic of my strainer.

Anyone who has an idea why the grains had decreased in quantity or what could be done to rectify the issue, kindly reply me. Thank u Soo much :)
Attachments
image.jpeg
My plastic strainer (large sized)
image.jpeg (253.12 KiB) Viewed 12218 times

Robinstar

Re: Missing grains!!

Postby Robinstar » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:33 pm

That's strange! Milk kefir grains have a very solid shape and they don't typically just disappear like that. I've heard of them breaking down and slowly disintegrating, but not over one batch like that. The strainer looks like it would hold the grains. Maybe they accidentally fell out of the strainer? I'm not sure what could have happened.

Return to “Milk Kefir”