[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Milkfat needed - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Milkfat needed

Milk Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jsgt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Milkfat needed

Postby jsgt » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Is there any evidence that any of the bacteria or yeasts need fat to stay healthy, i.e. would I lose some of the probiotic benefits of kefir if I started using skim milk?

Frankie1

Re: Milkfat needed

Postby Frankie1 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:54 pm

I don't know of any specific evidence, all I have is anecdotal evidence. When I try low fat, especially non-fat milk, the grains seem to shrivel up more and not do as well. When going back to more fat, they seem to pick up and just seem more rejuvenated. I'm not sure the reason behind it, but to me it seems like the little fat buggers like their fat.

mammaaskitchen

Re: Milkfat needed

Postby mammaaskitchen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:57 am

ts digestion is made easier by its relatively low melting point, suitable content of fatty acids, distribution of fat particles and their specifics of absorption in the intestinal tract.

Return to “Milk Kefir”