[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

New to Kefir - I've been reading alot - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

New to Kefir - I've been reading alot

Milk Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OldTechGuy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New to Kefir - I've been reading alot

Postby OldTechGuy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:29 pm

Hello.
I'm new to Kefir. I've been drinking store bought Plain kevir for the past couple of weeks

I've also had kevir from raw milk. Also Really good.
I like it plan straight, or blended with blueberries.

I plan on starting to make my own after the first of the month.
I'll most likely be using live grains from a friend.

I've noticed a few things about drinking the Store Bought Kevir and and have a few observations and questions.
1. It's GOOD.
2. I've lost weight... just a few pounds (about 5)
Is this normal? It's a good thing as I can stand to loose a few or 20.
3. I don't seem to have the need for that 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee in the morning.
Again good thing, but is it in my head or is this expected.

When I start making Kefir, how different will it be from the store bought stuff.
I've read that it's not the same. However, I haven't really found a good "vs" explanation.

When I start Making Kefir, should I toss the first couple of batches?
I've read mixed takes on that.

Also, can you mix milks? Goat and Cow?
Good idea ? bad idea? I don't know why but I was standing at the market looking at all the milks.
Raw, cow, goat. and wondered ... can I mix raw cow and goat milks? What would that be like?

thank you all.

Frankie1

Re: New to Kefir - I've been reading alot

Postby Frankie1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:37 am

Hi!

Try this link for difference between store bought and homemade kefir:

I have heard of kefir having the affect of lowering blood sugar and food cravings, so once possible reason is that you may be eating / drinking less calorie rich foods.

If you get kefir local, then there's typically no need to throw away any batches. But if you get grains that has to travel a few days, then it may need time to get readjusted.

Yes you can mix milks. The grains have to adapt to new milk sources, so it can be a little hard on them if its very different from batch to batch. But they will adapt to a consistent mix without too much trouble.

marks

Re: New to Kefir - I've been reading alot

Postby marks » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.

Aunque no tengas nada, tienes la vida, dónde lo hay todo.

Или Как сказал Конфуций - "Люди в древности не любили много говорить. Они считали позором для себя не поспевать за собственными словами"
аренда комнат без посредников купить однокомнатную квартиру в москве вторичное жилье

Return to “Milk Kefir”