[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

newbie - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Milk Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Guspuppy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Guspuppy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:59 am

I got some MK grains from Amazon about a week ago. Since then I have been changing the milk every 24-36 hours (mostly 24) and the grains are clearly healthy and growing. BUT, they are not changing the milk into kefir! It just tastes like milk to me whenever I swap it over. I'm using full fat milk from the grocery store. My house is at a constant 60°F due to it being winter in Pennsylvania. What am I doing wrong? Is my house too cold/leave it ferment longer? Should I give it more time for the grains to adapt to their new home? If they were not growing and looking so well I'd think they were dead but they are not. I'm only putting them in about 1.5 cup of milk and there are at least a tablespoon of grains by now. Too much milk still? Help! And thank you! :)

AlexP

Re: newbie

Postby AlexP » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:15 am

If the temperature is only 60 degrees, its probably too much milk. Cut back to 1/2 cup and let it brew that amount for 24 hours. It should be able to handle that amount of milk within 1-2 batches. And then just slowly add more milk every batch if its doing well.

Alex

Return to “Milk Kefir”