[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Welcome to the new community forum!

Return to Website

Quantity - Yemoos Nourishing Cultures Forum

Quantity

Milk Kefir Questions, Observations, Recipe and Flavoring Ideas, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
John2545
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Quantity

Postby John2545 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi, Guys, my name is John from S. Florida. I have a question, does anyone have an idea, roughly, How many, probiotics are in a standard cup of milk kefir?

Robinstar

Re: Quantity

Postby Robinstar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:43 pm

I've heard that its a cup of milk kefir is measured in the trillions. Some say up to 5 trillion, but atleast 1 trillion cited from many sources.

John2545

Postby John2545 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:38 am

Wow, that's a lot more then supplements have to offer. And it's so easy to make a cup too, definitely worth the small investment.

kagy

Postby kagy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:41 am

No idea what the count is, but let me say this... I was taking an over-the-counter probiotic for two years when I finally decided to test it by stirring the contents into a little milk and leave overnight. No action what so ever meant my very expensive bottled probiotic was completely dead!

So I ordered this product and started making my own only a week ago. I have not had heartburn since I started taking this! I've suffered from heartburn for many years, requiring prescription strength antacids, and haven't had one in four days now. This is an angle I hadn't even considered as a benefit. It was just a pleasant surprise, but one that points definitively to the efficacy of this product!

Much better to grow your own than trust that whatever brand of over-the-counter stuff you're taking is actually alive!

I should also say that the OTC brand I was taking is a well-respected name and quite expensive!

Return to “Milk Kefir”